At Matt’s Respite Retreats we are committed to protecting your personal information and being transparent about what we do with it. We are committed to using your personal information in accordance with all applicable laws concerning the protection of personal information and not to do anything with your information you wouldn’t reasonably expect.
- We will only send you marketing information electronically (by email or text messages) if you specifically agree to us doing so.
- You can change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting Matt’s Respite Retreats or by telephone on 07484 154 800.
- If you ask us to stop sending marketing information we will update our records to stop further mailings as quickly as we can.
- We collect personal data e.g. your name, postal and email addresses, and telephone number when you give them to us for various purposes, such as donating, seeking advice, signing up for an event, or if you are volunteering with us.
- We use the information you give us to help us with our performance statistics, for example, by analysing information such as the postcodes of supporters, names, addresses. This enables us to tailor our communications to you and in a fundraising context, enables us to raise more funds.
- If we rely on consent to process your data, you can withdraw your consent at any time.
This policy is written in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation. Matt’s Respite Retreats is a registered charity. Matt’s Respite Retreats (the organisation) collects personal information when a respite stay at the caravan is requested. Matt’s Respite Retreats will use the information in order to provide the service that is required. Matt’s Respite Retreats will share the beneficiaries’ information with Haven in order for them to issue passes for the stay. Matt’s Respite Retreats will not share personal information with any other third parties for marketing purposes. Matt’s Respite Retreats will store the information securely and will securely dispose of the paper form, one month after the beneficiary has had the respite break, unless there is a dispute or issue which requires the information to be held until resolved. Matt’s Respite Retreats will hold the beneficiary name, address and date of stay in an electronic database for a period of 6 years following the date of the stay for monitoring purposes. This is so Matt’s Respite Retreats can limit beneficiaries experiencing multiple stays at the respite. After 6 years from the date of the stay the personal details will be removed from the database.